Monday, January 26, 2009

Yes.today

capo 3 C F Am G

yesterday, I saw a face, I hadn't seen, for fifteen years.
Yesterday, she came by my place, and said to me, are you still here?
Well I guess that I haven't changed
but she still knew my name
I guess things for me are the same
I still play games and hide from the rain.

Today she stopped by to see
whatever happened to me
She went away to walk the earth
But I remain here since my birth
I suppose everything had to go
the fear for love, for her to grow
I lost everyone that I know
Yet there she is, out my window.

For fifteen years, I lived in the dark
A broken corner a shattered heart
she said to me, please take my hand
I hope you can one day understand
and the joy of a child flooded in me
I saw the world in cleaner air
Smelt the freshness from the sea
I hope you forgive me
for giving up life
until you came back to me

No comments: