Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Drunk with Conclusions.

For some reason I feel rather self conscious right now. Is it really staying up so late that alters my moods and nerves so intensly? I just looked at the time and its about two hours later than I realized. I had wanted to read before sleeping but, that is out. I have the constant impulse to take artwork to school just to recieve praise and level out my playing field of equality among my peers. Does that make me arrogant? I don't want to be arrogant, I just want to be equal. Classes are filled with students of all age and experience, and I want to be a student who can acclaim the work he has done in the past to the students of the now in order to maybe attain friendliness and bonds of some sort. I also try to help out in class in anyway I can by maybe helping set up or clean up, giving feedback so the class doesnt have to, or by remaining silent when the teacher has finished a long tedious and overextensive speech upon which the class does not wish the subject to be followed any further. I do my part for society. Yet I ride the bus early each morning, always frozen in the remnants of midnights chill, alongside others who cope with it by burning their lungs or dosing up on a hot steaming cup of caffeine. I walk a block or two to classes passing dozens of faces I will never truly know. In class I will idle with students I will never meet again in most cases. Then, I go home. Passing more and more faces in the ecosystem of Philips Bubbleworld, the clouds always lift. The seas always part. The veil always falls. The curtains always rise. Every weekend I am in the company of familiars. Home. Loved ones. Trapped with no car, stranded in an island of brick walls and claustrophobic vacation, I squeeze out of the city smog into the house of monotony. I have one true comfort and she is not mine to own, but I am hers to love.

No comments: