Thursday, January 22, 2009

bird

Today I looked out the window of the bus. And out of the window I saw a cluster of birds. And that cluster of birds sat perched on a wire. And upon looking at the cluster on the wire, one flew off. And I thought to myself that of all the birds in all the world of all the buses with all the people I happened to see this one. And of all the expressions I may have worn, I longed to be that bird that flew away into the sky. Somewhere in the world, a bird sat perched on a wire. This bird saw a busy road where he was looking for food. And of all the cars in all the world he saw a bus. And of all the windows on that bus he saw my window. And of all the people in that particular window he saw me. And of all the expressions carried by people he did not understand any of them, but he longed to be a person and flew off in despair.

No comments: