Friday, March 27, 2009

W.Z.

There's a cork by the letter I left you
it's the one that I undressed alone
when you wake up and read this letter
don't bother to look I'll be gone.
After half of a bottle of white zinfandel
I'd made up my mind to go on
and when the sun hits your eyes in the morning
you'll be waking alone with the dawn
I met you when I was a child
I chose not to act all my age
But for me you had loved every moment
that I stood in the spotlight on stage
With the stroke of each letter a tear falls freely
and I fear there were too many lies
my complexion has dried up completely
and there's cracks in the trail of my eyes
After drinking a bottle of white zinfandel
there was not a drop left of me
I had drunk all my feelings until the bottle was well
I drank it until you were free
There's a ring from my hand on this letter
it's gold and its crying for me
it shines like the friend it always was
as I bid it farewell to thee
There's a ring from a cork on this letter
it's red like the wine from the glass
but my veins keep on spilling over and over
and my life like the night soon shall pass.
There's a cork by the letter I left you
it's naked on the counter for thee
I left it after drinking myself
To let you know that you are free.

No comments: